Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Phoenix, AZ


Driving to Arizona we stopped at the Continental Divide, which was really not that exciting, but memorable. We were in Phoenix, AZ for 5 days and 4 nights. Mark had meetings for work and Rachel and I spent time with my grandparents. Rachel and I drove over to Nana and Granddaddy's house and went swimming and to Peter Piper's Pizza. It was basically like a Chuck E. Cheese, but with great pizza! Rachel played all the games and won more than 730 tickets. She won the jackpot at every game she played! I have never seen anyone win so many tickets in such a short period of time. She insisted on playing the Terminator game and shooting the bad guys with the giant machine gun and going on the carousel (5 times). Rachel and I were able to spend a lot of time at the pool while Mark was in meetings. They had 3 pools and a lazy river and a water slide and we took complete advantage of it!! I took her to the Phoenix Science Museum and we spent all day there. It was a lot of fun and she was even chosen to help at one of the shows! On Saturday we were able to go to dinner wtih my grandparents in Mesa, AZ called Organ Pizza. It is an amazing place where they have the largest organ in the United States. I will try to post a video of it soon. It was pretty amazing all of the different instruments that the organ controlled! We had a great time with my grandparents. The vacation has been great so far!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: